News & Notes
Members & Directors
Planning by Design
Each spring, IHPP holds a two-day workshop focused on topical planning issues.
The seminar includes a concentrated five-hour workshop on Friday. We try to plan an exciting event that premiers new planning methodologies and applications, conducted by industry leaders.
Saturday's four-hour program consists of three or four professional development presentations and discussions by members and guests. Speakers present professional or personal activities, projects and solutions requiring systematic planning applications.
If we're in luck, we're also treated to hands-on planning exercises (or "tune ups") by the great man himself, Dick Muther.
Whenever possible, our members preview their recent and new publications. In the past 3 three years:
- In April, Hakan Bütüner, long-time member and Istanbul-based consultant, gave an intensive in-depth presentation of his new book, Systematic Strategic Planning and its methodology.
- Dick Muther has presented both introductory and advanced programs on his ultimate planning methodology, Planning by Design (PxD).
- Muther also shared Plan to be Lucky, a book using PxD as a practical Multiple Careers Planning system that can help individuals plan long-term goals, as well as career alternatives.
Professional Development presentations have covered a wide variety of topics, including:
- Planning and Implementing a Successful Political Campaign – Larry Goodson, APQC Consulting Group
- Issues in Planning: Migrating University Curricula Online – JianPing Wang, Ph.D., Webster University
- A Study in Rapid Plan Improvement: International Engineering Conference – Leonard Abeyta, Society for Professional Hispanic Engineers
- Applying United Nations Capacity Building to Corporate Planning – Lubomir Popov, Ph.D., Bowling Green State University
- Planning for Change: The Telecommunications Industry – Robert Leopold, former owner, KCPT-TV
- Planning a Multi-Media Industrial Planning Curriculum – Lee Hales, High Performance Concepts
The workshop includes a Friday social hour, plus lunch on Saturday, and has been held recently at the beautiful Carriage Club off Country Club Plaza in Kansas City, Missouri — not your typical conference venue. We've also held it in St. Louis, Missouri, Mystic, Connecticut, and San Marcos and San Antonio, Texas.
Membership Dues & Workshop Registration
- Annual dues are $50 annually, with a special $25 rate for current students. Membership benefits include:
- 50% discount on our annual spring Workshop.
- Exclusive access to workshop outlines, presentations and publications.
- Newsletters and e-mail updates.
- Educational and networking opportunities.
- The workshop is $50 for members, $100 for non-members and $25 for students.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (636) 391-3002.
To join – click for a membership enrollment form, complete and mail with a check to:
P.O. Box 704
Wildwood, MO 63040
Please make checks payable to the IHPP or Institute for High Performance Planners.
Do you have a program about systematic or strategic planning activities in your industry or a paper or publication that you'd like to share with peers? Contact us at email@example.com and we'll give you a call.
The 2017 IHPP
Workshop is being planned for the spring or early summer. Please check back for the final dates.
Board member Dr. Hakan
Bütüner's book, Systematic Strategic Planning, has been published by CRC Press.
Click to read an abstract.
For ordering information, please e-mail Hakan Bütüner or contact IHPP.