2009 - Plannning by Design - Introduction
Friday, May 8, 1:00 - 4:30 pm
Authors & Presenters
Dick Muther & Shekar Natarajan
May 9, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Professional Development Seminars
5301 State Line Rd.
Kansas City, Missouri 64112
With co-author, Shekar Natarajan of the Pepsi Bottling Company, Dick Muther is laying out his universal six-step planning methodology, Planning by Design. Drawing on experience from more than 60 yaers and 2,000 projects, Muther has developed a planning system for planning anything from a fishing trip to a corporate restructuring.
Session 1: Concepts of Planning by Design – 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. — Richard Muther
• What is planning?
• Planning by Design
• Concepts of Planning by Design
• Degree of planning refinements
• Benefits to you
Session 2: Methods of Planning by Design – 3:00 - 4:30 p.m. — Shekar Natarajan
• Use of appropriate masterguide
• Determining the fundamentals
• Building a working model and using it
• Key documents and forms of output
• Practical applications of Planning by Design
- Multiple Careers Planning
- Pepsi infrastructure project